Page 6

 "Not to be nosey or pushy about it but did you ever get to the bottom of Sean and Doris? I actually invited her out next week" Raven was glowing she'd just let Nakeisha try a new beauty mask on her.

Raven and Nakeisha had a history and bond stronger then she and Sean. Sean's problem with Raven was she always mind their business.

"Well I think Doris is what she is. If you see something in her that you want to send her invites be my guest, but she's nothing but a returning customer as far as Sean's concerned. He actually got upset even talking about it."

"Girl please you're the bread winner now, upset my ass!" Said Raven.

"Don't even mention it! You know he pays his mom's shop compliance and he keeps up the bar. He has his own money. This money from my mom will help but Sean is his own man. It's like although I know this hoe may be more look at the way he did things before my mom passed....hell before his dad passed he was under me. I was shocked he stuck with me after getting the deed to the bar."

She walked Raven to the front of the shop....they were alone. "His mom wants to sell I'm thinking of making an offer. You can do your Yoga thing on this front area and the ladies can get their hair done in back ....I mean it'll take some work but what do you think?" Asked Nakeisha. "I think that's gonna be hot you should look into it....anyway don't skip my question.....she text me last night I was thinking of having her over?"

"Well damn Raven you all must of really made a connection when you dropped her slick ass off ....her guy friend owns the bar??..." Nakeisha paused and laughed a bit. "You know I trust him,it's interesting to know he has friends I can't know. I guess to keep her close makes more sense ?"

"Well she's a waitress at Platinums so I'm thinking maybe....maybe that's the mix up she's so sweet we didn't even talk about Sean but I mean ...best to keep her close in case he's serious. I'm not sure but I am sure you're worth an honest man." Raven replied.

"No more energy for this conversation unless we're sure. I mean he's been on his job and I love him."

Nakeisha blushed she walked Raven out to the truck "my uncle still trying to get rid of this thing.."

"Oh no not our evidence....you did take her straight home that night?" Joked Nakeisha.

"Yes girl and I mean she was nice but I don't want to be the barrel of bad news if it turns out he fucking this bitch ....so maybe we'll cancel next week."

Said Raven.

Suddenly Nakeisha caught the vapors..... she wasn't the bipolar type. "Wait let's set up a dinner at your place I'll bring Sean if it goes good she can hang out a bit maybe she knows something we don't."

She couldn't believe herself as she walked back into his mom's office to have a tea. "Remember Nakeisha make time only for what matters....to make time for what doesn't is foolish." Nakeisha didn't know where the words of wisdom came from but she listened. She headed home to make dinner.




There on the dinner table set a velvet squared box. She heard Sean in the shower she left it there not thinking anything of it.

Sean made his way to the kitchen  he paused. "Keisha baby will you come here please...." She rushed into the living room.. "We need to talk please sit babe" said Sean...he had a face of anger.... she wondered why she'd stayed at the shop....cook dinner and though she began to think of Doris and he again she hadn't mentioned it.

"Nakeisha will you be my wife?" In the velvet box set the halo ring pronged finely as if it held the diamond of life.

And it would be that.....he would have her for life.

Nakeisha froze.... everything she ever wanted from him was now in front of her and she couldn't answer."

"I'm not sure ...I mean yes yes Sean" she smiled 

..she held him tight. His reaction to her answer wasn't so jolly. "Please be sure before I tell my mother." Said Sean looking at the ring.


"Sean I said yes" said Nakeisha still smiling.

"No you didn't!" Sean tossed the ring box on the table....grabbed his keys and headed out.

"Where are you going?"

Asked Nakeisha.

"To my mother's"

He replied. As he sped off she went for the box. She admired the ring and the man. She got dolled up and put on the ring.

"I said yes baby!"

Page 7 This Sunday!!



Comments